This course defines vegetarianism and outlines the specific nutritional requirements of a healthy vegetarian diet. Lessons also include information on how to adopt a vegetarian diet, and guidelines for changing needs during every stage of life. Practical examples and suggestions will prepare the student to create diet plans for increased health and vitality. This course is ideal for vegetarians, those considering a vegetarian diet, and health and nutrition professionals.
Continue your Education
Members of the BCRPA are eligible to receive 20 BCRPA CECs (Continuing Education Credits) upon completion of this course.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the final exam.
2. Vegetarianism for Health
8. Designing a Vegetarian Diet
9. Vegetarian Diets During Pregnancy and Lactation
10. Vegetarian Diets in Infancy
11. Vegetarian Diets for Children
12. Vegetarian Diets for Adolescents
13. Vegetarian Diets for Older People
14. Practical Applications of Vegetarianism
• Course workbook (includes feature articles from alive magazine, alive recipes, and practice quizzes)
• Lesson tests
• Full access to the Online Learning Centre
• The Dietician's Guide to Vegetarian Diets textbook by Virginia Messina, MPH, R.D., Mark Messina, PhD., and Reed Mangels, PhD., R.D.
• Becoming Vegetarian book by Vesanto Melina, M. Sc., R.D., and Brenda Davis, R.D.
• Final exam
• Support and assistance while you study
Cost & Timing
Students have 24 weeks to complete the course; however, it can be completed sooner than the allotted time depending on the pace of the individual.
Total Course Cost: $549.00 PLUS GST/HST (if applicable).
Ready to Start Learning?
Take the first step towards a new career or a new balanced lifestyle by registering for this course today. Make sure you've reviewed the registration process and policies on our Admissions Page prior to getting started.