This course defines veganism and outlines the specific nutritional requirements for a healthy vegan diet. Lessons also include information on how to adopt a vegan diet, and guidelines for changing needs during every stage of life. Practical examples and suggestions will prepare the student to create diet plans for increased health and vitality. This course is ideal for vegans, those considering a vegan diet, and health and nutrition professionals.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the final exam.
1. The Case for the Vegan Lifestyle
2. The Great Vegan Advantage
3. Protein Power from Plants
4. Balancing Fats
5. The Whole Story about Carbohydrates
6. Minding Your Minerals
7. Vital Vitamins
8. Vegan Eating
9. Pregnancy, Lactation, and Vegan Diets
10. Growing Vegans
11. Vegan Seniors
12. Vegan Diet and Body Weight
13. The Vegan Athlete
14. The Vegan Meal Plan
• Course workbook (includes feature articles from alive magazine, alive recipes, and practice quizzes)
• Becoming Vegan by Brenda Davis, RD and Vesanto Melina, MS, RD
• Full access to the Online Learning Centre
• Lesson tests
• Final exam
• Support and assistance while you study
Cost & Timing
Students have 16 weeks to complete the course; however, it can be completed sooner than the allotted time depending on the pace of the individual.
Total Course Cost: $279.00 PLUS GST/HST (if applicable).
Ready to Start Learning?
Take the first step towards a new career or a new balanced lifestyle by registering for this course today. Make sure you've reviewed the registration process and policies on our Admissions Page prior to getting started.